Navigating the Owner Portal
We strive to provide you unparalleled service and visibility into the performance of your rental properties. From this Owner Portal, you have access to the following areas:
The My Account page offers a summary screen. From here you can update your contact information, change your password and use the conversations feature to communicate with our management team.
The Statements page allows you to view your owner statements online and see the general profitability of your rental properties. These owner statements are provided as Adobe PDF documents that you can view from the Action menu in the Statements section of the Owner Portal. In addition, you can view all owner draws and contributions that have been made in and out of your portfolio.
The Bills page provides access to all the bills and bill payments for the expenses recorded against your rental properties. From this section you can select a date range to view a list of bills, drill through to view the details of individual bills and even download copies of associated invoices.
The Maintenance page gives you instant visibility into all of the work orders created by your tenants.
The Documents page allows you to view a list of all documents that we have shared with you. These can be opened for viewing or downloaded and saved to your hard drive.
MY ACCOUNT PAGE
My Account Summary in the Owner Portal
The My Account page in the Owner Portal gives you a summary of the activity in your account. From here, you can:
- View Alerts for Unpaid Bills
- Update your contact information
- Add a payment profile to your account for electronic payments and deposits
- Change your login email and password
- Communicate with your management team using the Conversations feature
Updating Contact Info and Password in the Owner Portal
You can update your contact information and change your password by following these steps:
- To update your Contact Information from the My Account page, click the Edit link that appears on the right side of the screen in the My Contact Information section. Make appropriate changes and click Save.
- To update your login information, from the My Account page, click the Change Email and Password link that appears on the right side of the screen in the My Contact Information section. Make appropriate changes and click Save.
- To update payment account information, from the My Account page, click the View link that appears on the right side of the screen in the My Contact Information section. From the View Contact Info page, click the Edit Payment Account button. (Note: This button may not be accessible to all portal users.) Make appropriate changes and click Save.
The Statements section of the Owners Portal allows you to:
- View Owner Statements that have been Published to the Owner Portal.
- Click the Statements tab. Any published statements will appear in the Statements table at the top of the page. To view the Owner Statement, click the View option from the Action dropdown menu. The Owner Statement will appear in a separate window, as an Adobe PDF document.
- View Owner Draws and Contributions
Set Up an Electronic Payment Account
You will see a Setup Payment Method button at the button of the Statements section of the Owner Portal. Click the button and complete the form with your billing information. Choose eCheck (ie. electronic payment from your bank account which can take 3-5 business days). We do not accept credit card payments.
Create a New Owner Contribution
Once your payment account has been created, you are able to make an owner contribution online:
- Click the Statements Tab.
- Click the New Contribution button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the Portfolio for the Owner Contribution
- Enter the Amount of the Owner Contribution
- Enter any applicable Comments for the Owner Contribution and click the Save button.
- The new Owner Contribution will appear at the top of the Draws and Contributions Table.
THE GREY BAR/Current Activities The grey bar will have the current month's activities for your review. Your last monthly statement on the left will have an ending balance that matches the previous balance in the grey bar to the right. The grey bar will explain all income and bills for the current month, rent we received and money you spent since the end of last month. You can click on the blue tab BILLS to see in detail what those expenses are. The expenses include our management fees for the current month.
You may wonder what liabilities are: it is an escrow account where the tenant's money is held if they make an early payment and until the funds are applied to their charges. It could be rent for the following month or the sales tax we will end up sending forward to the city.
To view a list of all the bills applied towards your account:
- Click the Bills tab in the Owner Portal
- Search for your bills by using the Period/date filter at the top of the My Bills table. By default, this filter is set to This Month. An additional filter is available to display either All, All Paid, or Unpaid Bills.
- The filter at the bottom of this table allows you to increase/decrease the number of items shown and scroll between the various pages.
- The table below displays a list of your bills and a brief summary of each individual bill
- To view the detail of any bill, select the View option from the dropdown menu that appears in the Action column.
- The resulting page will display the details of the selected bill, descriptions and a printable image of an associated invoice.
To view a shared document:
- Click the Documents tab in the Owner Portal.
- Locate the appropriate document in the Documents table.
- Click the name of the document to view.
- This will open a new window giving you options to either Open and view the report or to Save, which will download it to your hard-drive for future reference.