Skip to main content

Property Management Blog


Los Gatos Property Management Advice: Pets or No Pets?

Many landlords want to know whether or not it is a good idea to allow future tenants to have a pets in the property. We always start by saying, there are positives and negatives to both. The benefit of a pet policy in a Los Gatos rental would mainly increase traffic and  expanding the number of interested tenants in the home. According to a recent Real Estate Survey done around the United States, roughly 75% of all renters have pets, which leaves around 25% of those to view your home if you do not allow pets. 


One of the largest questions that come with allowing pets in your rental investment is what will happen if the pet causes damage to the property? Well, here are some ideas that we recommend that help put your mind at ease.

1) Ask for an additional deposit

2) Require renters insurance from your tenant. 

**If you have additional questions or need more advice please feel free to call our office 408-356-6893