Having a successful Almaden rental property requires a lot of time, effort, experience and knowledge. Let us save you that time, effort and frustration that comes with gaining that experience.
As a full service Almaden property management company, our team is responsible for taking care of all aspects of managing your rental(s).
How much rent can you get for your investment?
Our market analysis helps landlords and us make data-informed decisions about their rental property, including rate estimates and other information so they can invest and manage their investment property more wisely.
- Get Optimized Rental Value for Your Property
- Gain Crucial Insight into Current Market Conditions
- Determine Your Cashflow from Monthly Rental Value
Get started with your FREE PROPERTY CONSULTATION by completing the form .
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Owner or Renter?
READY YOUR PROPERTY - EVALUATE THE PROPERTY AND DETERMINE A RENTAL RATE
- Meet at the property, discuss goals, plans, etc. for the property and provide a possible rental rate
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize potential monthly rent while providing a good ROI
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of difference policies such as accepting pets, etc.
- Install a lock box
MARKET THE PROPERTY
- Prepare home for rent
- Clean home
- Make sure the property is safe and maintained
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising in 50+ locations:
- Paid and free rental listing websites
- Social Media Advertising
- Flyers and e-flyers
- Advertise and work with local realtors
- Partnered with Google, Apple, Ebay, etc. to insure access to high quality tenants
- Meet prospective tenants for showings 7 days a week.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications that are legally compliant with fair housing laws
TENANT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, contact and speak with the current landlord and current employer etc.
- Notify Owner of applicants and include them in the decision making process.
- Draw up leasing agreement with agreed move in date
- Continue to market until deposit is received at the office.
- Review lease guidelines with tenants regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance. Grant access to Tenant Portal website.
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move-in inspection with tenants and have them sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Collect first month's rent and proof of renters insurance at move in if not yet received.
- Receiving rent
- Follow up with late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees
ANNUAL AND SAFETY INSPECTIONS
- Perform annual safety inspections (inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner reports on the condition of the property
- Provide accounting property management services
- Make payments on behalf of the owner (Mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, etc.)
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
- Advise owner on relevant tax deductions related to their rental property
- Provide easy to read monthly cash-flow statements which offer a detailed breakdown of income and itemized expenses
MAINTENANCE, AND UPKEEP
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Assign jobs to different parties (in-house employees, handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Maintain and Provide Gardening Service (owners expense)
- Maintain and monitor a 24 hour emergency repair hot-line
- Larger renovation or rehab projects
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Get multiple independent bids for the work
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Rekey the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent
The mine is named for a mercury mine in (old) Almadén, Spain, which had operated since at least Roman times. The term Almadén, meaning "the mine"., is derived from the Arabic language through medieval Islamic Spain.
Historical life at the New Almaden mine was vividly drawn by Mary Hallock Foote, the wife of Arthur DeWint Foote, the Resident Engineer from 1876. Her illustrated correspondence about New Almaden, "A California Mining Camp", appeared in the February 1878 issue of Scribner's Monthly. New Almaden also features prominently in her memoir A Victorian Gentlewoman in the Far West, which was later fictionalized by Wallace Stegner in his novel Angle of Repose.